Research, Consultancy and Training form major areas of work for IIHMR Kolkata. The institute actively adopts the equity lens to understand myriad issues related to health and healthcare.
Research and Consultancy
IIHMR undertakes relevant research to understand various issues related to health and healthcare. Desk reviews as well as primary and secondary research are undertaken. Most research and consultancies are undertaken in response to the needs of stakeholders. Some of the areas of work include:
- Strategic Planning
- Health Systems Research
- Development of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Systems
- Evaluation of Health Programmes
- Needs Assessment studies
- Development of District Action Plans
- Policy Appraisals
- Mining of MIS data
IIHMR Jaipur and Kolkata centres are currently collaborating in the evaluation of DFID supported West Bengal Health Systems Development Initiative.
Health and healthcare are ever evolving domains of knowledge spanning multidisciplinary perspectives. Enhancing the capacities of healthcare professionals is a constant and deeply felt need. IIHMR imparts training to public and private healthcare professionals on a wide range of issues including the following:
- Health Policy, Planning and Management
- Gender Issues in Health
- Monitoring & Evaluation of Health Programmes
- Health Management Information System
- Knowledge Management and Documentation of Health Programmes
- Young People’s Health
- Rights Based Approach to Development
- Community Participation in Health Programmes
IIHMR Kolkata also organizes training programmes for meeting training needs of sponsoring organizations.